Monday, August 29, 2011

New Event Announcement - HEALTHY LUNCHBOX IDEAS - HLI-DATES

Hi Friends,
I am happy to be hosting the event healthy lunch box ideas this month. The ingredient for this month is dates. This event was the brain child of Kalyani aka Mom Chef @ Sizzling Taste Buds. Thank You Kalyani for giving me this opportunity. The event is open from Sep 1st till the 30th of Sep.




Before listing the event rules, let me give you some information on dates.
Dates are high in dietary fiber. So, if your toddler is constipated, give him/her a spoon of dates syrup and he will feel better. My doctor told me to do this, and it has worked for me. Do you know why dates is used during Ramadan?Dates is easily digestible and is made of simple sugars fructose and dextrose which can revitalize and energize you instantly. Dates are rich source of Vitamin -A. They also contain antioxidants such as beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin which protect our body from a variety of Cancers. They are also rich source of iron, calcium and potassium which makes it a go-to food for pregnant and feeding mothers.


In a nutshell, dates can do us a lot of good. So go ahead and let your family enjoy the goodness of dates. We are looking for healthy lunch box ideas using dates. It could be a lunch box item or an after school snack. Send in your creations - casseroles, cakes, bakes,  milkshakes, smoothies, salads, sweets, snacks, grilled dishes - anything you can think of. Make it a healthy dish.







Now for the rules,
* Vegetarian dishes only. Use of eggs permitted only in baking. 
* The dishes can belong to any category - appetizers, main dish, snack, drink, dessert, sweet
* You can use fresh, dried or processed dates.
* All entries must link back to this announcement and also to Kalyani's
* Usage of logo is appreciated.  It is not mandatory though. But I do hope you will use the logo and help spread the message.
* All entries should be mailed to munchmunchcrunchcrunch( at)gmail( dot) com by Sep 30. Non bloggers are welcome to send the recipes directly to the mail id.
* You are allowed to send upto two archived entries. Please ensure that you link to this announcement and Kalyani's and repost the entry.
* Send in the following details with the subject as HLI-DATES

  • Your name
  • Your blog name and URL
  • Name of the recipe
  • Link to your post
  • Picture of the recipe (pls limit this to max 300 px)

Looking forward to all your wonderful healthy dishes. Hope you will support me in making my first event a success.  Do spread the word in your blogosphere. Happy Cooking:)


Cheers
Aarthi



14 comments:

  1. nice theme n def will send my entry to this event..happy hosting dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...Thanks for dropping at my space...you got a lovely space too...following it..
    Nice event...happy hosting...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful event...i am sure will send my entry soon.Thanks for your nice comments in my blog.
    cheers
    rani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy hosting..nice event will try to send in an entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great event...Looks like it's fun...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dates wowwww lovely concept very soon will post my recipe, actually i m beginner in cooking so have to think something with it :)

    n hey do check my very first event "Life is green"
    http://yummyfoodintummy.blogspot.com/2011/08/life-is-green-my-first-foodie-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aarthi,good thought on healthy lunch box ideas..I will send in my entry soon:)
    Happy hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely event happy hosting lovely space following you on fb will try to send

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting my event Aarthi :-) shall send in my entries during the month !!

    Cheers
    Kalyani
    Current Event: Fasting Foods(Vrat ka Khaana Special)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have sent u an entry - Dates pickle..Happy hosting dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi first time to your space...dates is a nice and healthy choice...will send in my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Let me know if my Dates and dried figs jam is eligible.. pls check out my space..
    Krithi's Kitchen
    Event: Serve It - Steamed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. Have you checked this new event?-
New Event - HLI-DATES-SEP1st - SEP 30th 2011