Do you like cooking dishes that involve less number of Ingredients? I do. Do you like cooking one pot dishes? I do. Clean up work is a breeze and I love that. This dish that I am posting today is one such dish. For lot of dishes, there is a traditional way of doing dishes and then there is the quick easy method. There is no denying that traditional method, though a laborious method does end up in a tasty delicious dish. But we often do not find time to do it that way and resort to short-cuts.
This dish involves just two main ingredients. Can you beat that?
Ricotta Cheese 15oz tub
Condensed milk - 12oz can
Rose water - 1 tbsp
Butter - 2 TBSP
Cardomom powder - 1/4 tsp
Pistachio - powdered coarsely
ghee to grease the plate
* Melt butter in a heavy bottom pan.
* Add ricotta cheese and stir.
* Add condensed milk and keep stirring
* The mixture will begin to thicken.
* It took me 20-25 mts for the mixture to thicken and reach the desired consistency.
* Grease a plate with ghee and pour the mixture on the plate.
* Decorate with powdered pistachios and refrigerate for atleast 2 hrs
* Cut to desired shape and serve
* This yields around 16 pieces.
* Refrigerate the remaining pieces, and before you use, leave it out a little bit to come to room temperature. It tastes good even if you eat it straight out of the refrigerator but it is not very soft.
* It tastes good even without the pistachios.
Sending this to Tickling Palates Diwali sweets and savories