There should be atleast hundred or even more ways of doing mint chutney. Each restaurant does it differently. Each road side chaat shop does it differently. Each household has their own way of doing this chutney. However you do, it tastes great. I myself have do it differently based on my mood and the dish for which it goes as a side. The method I have given below works perfectly for chaat items .
Mint leaves - 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
Onion - half medium
Tomato - 1 small
Salt - to taste
Chat Masala - 2 tsp
juice of 1 lime
Chilies - 2
Ginger - 1/2" piece
Garlic - 1-2 pods.
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
* Wash mint leaves and coriander leaves.
* Grind onion, tomato, chillies, ginger garlic in a mixer grinder.
* Add in the mint and coriander leaves and grind. There is no need to add water. The water from the onion, and tomato should suffice.
* Add salt, chat masala, lime juice, sugar and run it through the mixer grinder so that it mixes well.
* Serve with samosas or use it with your any chat item.
Sending this to Condiment Mela hosted by Srivalli
This chutney can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week
You can omit coriander and use just mint leaves. It tastes wonderful with chat items as well.
Moving on to the Awards,
Thank you dheeksha for this wonderful award. It will always be special since it is my first award.
I would like to give the award to Ashwini, Nupur, Priya and aipi. Please do accept the awards