This month as you all know is celebration month at our home. My son turned 4 and I have been posting his favorite recipes all this month. After potato roast, chocolate cake, phirni, it is time for sugar cookies. These cookies are now lying in the top most shelf, so that he cannot take it by himself. It tastes best when it is frosted. But I usually avoid all that sugar, unless I am baking for special occasions. Enjoy the recipe.
A reminder about the HLI-DATES event that is happening all this month. Do send in your entries, if you have not already done so.
Recipe source here
butter at room temperature - 1 cup
sugar - 3/4 cup
vanilla extract - 1 tsp
All purpose flour - 2 cups
baking powder - 1 tsp
baking soda - 1/2 tsp
salt - 1/4 tsp
nutmeg - 1/4 tsp
* Cream butter and sugar together.
* Add in eggs and vanilla extract.
* Sift the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
* Add the dry ingredients mixture slowly into the butter-sugar mixture.
* Take a teaspoonful of mixture, and drop it on the baking sheet. Make sure to leave 2" gap between the biscuits while baking.
*Bake for 15 minutes till the top starts to brown slightly.
* Take them out an cool them on wire rack.
* Store in air-tight containers.